Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Introduction

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him."-Buddha

I'm Leigh. Not my real (first)name of course, because I like a little mystery.
And anonymity.
Sometimes details don't matter, sometimes they do.

I've struggled with a few things in my life and holding myself back is one of them. My blog is about changing my mindset, thus changing my life.

I feel as if I am floating. Not in a good way but like I'm just air or rather dust particals in the air. Just there. I may only be 21 but I feel I've wasted my life. When I was a child I was extremely afraid of everything. If there was thunder and lightning I would watch the weather channel for something bad to happen. I've had mild OCD since I was 8, panic attacks since I was 15, and recently diagnosed with dysthymia (although this disgnosis is current, I've had some deeper depression). I've delt with mental bullshit for quite some time.

I've been thinking these last few years have been a bitch to get through, all my own fault, but I realise it's always been kind of difficult for me to be happy. There have been a few things I've held on to since I was a child and now I might just let all those dreams go and let life happen as it wants..maybe not. I just don't know who I am..or who I want to be and if that is even the same person.
This blog is about me changing, Becoming. I'd like to be more than a blogger, more than just a student, more than what I do. I never want to have limits or to be stereotyped. I want to be strong in my convictions, limitless in my strength. I never want to waste time or settle.
A path to perfection and happiness I want to pave. My own road to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment